Eleven states will see their namesake on Budweiser bottles and cans as part of the brand’s 2017 summer packaging.
The rollout will be specific to California (featuring two Budweiser breweries), Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Texas and Virginia. Each features custom copy changes as inspired by each local backdrop, including:
- “Budweiser” on cans and bottles being replaced with each state name
- The center medallion “AB” monogram updated with state initials
- “King of Beers” swapped to include each individual state motto
- “Anheuser-Busch Inc.” replaced with each state nickname
To continue the celebration of its local breweries throughout the summer, Budweiser will also:
- Host brewery open houses – inviting local communities to experience the brand firsthand alongside local food, music and custom merchandise. The Budweiser Clydesdales will also be making appearances at each brewery open house throughout the summer.
- Air radio spots in each market, featuring local Budweiser brew masters and/or the brewery’s general managers.
- Present its “Budland” festival bringing together LA’s local music artists, fashion and food.