Tröegs Independent Brewing has announced the 2022 iteration of its once-a-year release, Nugget Nectar.
Dry-hopped, this Imperial Amber celebrates the arrival of “fresh-off-the-bine” Nugget hops from the brewery’s annual trek to Yakima, WA, for hop selection, the company says.
Nugget hops take center stage, adding dank notes of pine and grapefruit, the company reports. Simcoe adds hints of mango and creamsicle, all balanced with enough kilned malt to add body and a touch of sweetness.
Nugget Nectar has orange color, big hop flavor and 7.5% ABV.
To celebrate the release of Nugget Nectar, Tröegs has re-initiated its First Squeeze events, where fans can drink fresh Nugget Nectar on draft, and take home limited-edition glassware and illustrated art prints from a variety of local and regional artists. A handful of events will also feature Double Nugget Nectar on draft.
Look for takes on Nugget Nectar from these artists:
- Joshua Noom, the designer and illustrator who helped Tröegs reimagine both Troegenator and The Mad Elf
- Tristan Bond, the Harrisburg artist who designed the 2021 Fresh Fest collaboration label art
- Devin Watson, the Art of Tröegs alum who designed LolliHop and Hop Cyclone
- Chris Piascik, doer of daily drawings for more than 10 years
- Lauren West, illustrator, muralist and unapologetic Nugget lover
Nugget Nectar is available on draft, in 12-oz. cans and bottles, and in 16-oz. cans everywhere Tröegs beer is sold.