The GlenDronach Distillery has announced the U.S. arrival of three casks from the 19th batch of its Cask Bottling collection.
Master Blender Rachel Barrie chose a total of twelve casks, each bottled from a single Pedro Ximénez or Oloroso sherry puncheon or Butt, distilled between 1990 and 1994.
The limited-release bottlings launching in the U.S. include three casks laid down between 1992 and 1994, bottled from Oloroso and Pedro Ximénez casks.
“The GlenDronach Cask Bottling Batch 19 offers an insight into our sherry cask maturation history and the exceptional quality of the casks we have at The GlenDronach,” says Dr. Barrie. “I have personally chosen these casks to celebrate and share the very best of the distillery’s character. Each represents the rich selection of barrels, Hogsheads, Puncheons and Butts that have been used throughout The GlenDronach’s history. This release reflects our enduring commitment to crafting the most exceptional, richly sherried Single Malts representative of The GlenDronach’s rare dedication to its craft, embodied in every expression.”
Each of the three Cask Bottling Batch 19 casks will release in select states.
Company-provided tasting notes are as follows:
The GlenDronach 1992 Cask 217
- Suggested retail price: $820 per 750-ml. bottle
- Aged: 29 Years
- Cask Type: Oloroso Sherry Butt
- Nose: Leather and raisin pudding, with apricot, mixed peel and sultana raisins
- Palate: Treacle, dark muscovado sugar and dried fruit cake, with cherry, nutmeg and raisin.
- ABV: 55.4%
- Bottles Produced: 383
- States: GA, MA, NY, NJ
The GlenDronach 1992 Cask 6052
- SRP: $720
- Aged: 28 Years
- Cask Type: Pedro Ximénez Puncheon
- Nose: Plum, strawberry and red grape, with crème anglaise and dark chocolate
- Palate: Fruity with mandarin, redcurrant and apricot jam, with chocolate orange cream liqueur
- ABV: 50.8%
- Bottles Produced: 658
- States: CA, ID, IN, KY, LA, NM, NC, ND, NE, MT, OH, OK, OR, TX, UT, WA, WY
The GlenDronach 1994 Cask 5080
- SRP: $600
- Aged: 27 Years
- Cask Type: Oloroso Puncheon
- Nose: Orange peel and heather honey, with redcurrant and cocoa dusted truffle
- Palate: Chocolate, orange and cranberry ganache with candied walnut and honey
- ABV: 54.3%
- Bottles Produced: 667
- States: AZ, CO, DE, DC, IL, FL, MD, MN, MD, NV, SC
Each release draws its natural color from the cask in which it rests.
Located in the Valley of Forgue, The GlenDronach Distillery is known for its selection of Spanish oak sherry casks in which their Highland single malts rest.
This follows the recent release of The GlenDronach Aged 50 Years.