In the second part of our podcast series on improving diversity and inclusion in the alcohol industry, we speak with TJ Douglas, cofounder and CEO of The Urban Grape wine store in Boston.
Douglas and his wife Hadley are behind the Urban Grape Wine Studies Award for Students of Color at Boston University to support those in the Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) community interested in careers in the wine industry. The Urban Grape also received the 2021 Dream Big Small Business of the Year Award from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
We talk with Douglas about the scholarship, improving D&I, and the national recognition as a leading small business in America.
Like that podcast episode? Check out our recent episodes:
- Improving Diversity and Inclusion in Craft Beer
- Helping the On-premise During the Pandemic
- What is Sustainable Wine?
- The Latest Trends in Cordials and Liqueurs
- The Future of Alcohol Retail Technology
- Celebrating Women in Alcohol
- American Whiskey Trends with Maggie Kimberl
- Top Alcohol Trends in 2021-22