- Light, Mixable ‘¦ and Innovating
Canadian whisky makers are bringing out new flavored products, and superpremium and high-proof expressions to try to spur consumer interest.
- Irish Spirits Express
Growth continues on the fast track, and everyone’s jumping on for the ride.
- In Just Two Weeks: Be Part of the Only National Off-Premise Retailers Conference
Retailers of beer, wine and spirits will come together in Dallas February 13-14 to exchange ideas, share best practices and gain new knowledge. Join Emcee Darryl Rosen and a host of other industry leaders who will lead conversations in these areas:
- How to Survive ‘ and Thrive ‘ as an Independent Brick-and-Mortar Retailer – Keynoter Paul Santelle, president of Garden State Discount Liquors will discuss the evolution of brick-and-mortar independent retailing in the ever-changing, ever-challenging marketplace that is continually redefining itself. He’ll key in on how to survive and even thrive on a playing field that’s anything but level. Additionally, Paul will recommend ways you can adapt your marketing model to keep up with the fast-paced real-time continuum that determines placement of the fine line between success and failure for independent retailers. In closing, Paul will explain why protecting the value of your license and business through legislative diligence is critical.
- Nielsen and BIG Research- Laura Welsh of Nielsen will share the latest trend information and explore ideas for harnessing their profit potential, while members of The Beverage Information Group’s research team unveil off-premise sales and depletion data.
- Technology- A panel of retailers including Mark Notarius of Premier Gourmet; Brian Rosen of Evolution Wines; and Jim Dean of Hazel’s Beverage World will discuss hot new technological innovations: advanced POS systems, inventory control, security measures, employee training tools and more.
- The Scoop on Suds –Beer Business Daily Editor Harry Schuhmacher will offer insights into the state of the beer industry, including the dynamic craft beer movement. He’ll also touch on craft spirits and how you can leverage their momentum.
- How Advertising Influences Brand Selection- The Beverage Information Group’s Adam Rogers will discuss advertising’s role in the decision-making process at point of purchase. He will also examine current off-premise trends and how they can be used to increase traffic.
ALSO: Grab the mike and share your own concerns and insights during the inaugural BDLive! TOWN HALL FORUM, and enjoy our ‘I Love Dallas’ Reception, which features the talents of some of Dallas’ hottest Bar Stars.
PLUS: Join the celebration of Premier Wine & Spirits and Premier Gourmet as we present this industry leader with the 2013 Retailer of the Year Award.
Register now at BeverageDynamicsLive.com to join the conversation in Dallas February 13-14. You’ll go back to your office with tools, information and ideas to help your business soar in 2013 and beyond.
- Apple Irish Whiskey
Mickey Finn Irish Apple is a new flavored whiskey available from Babco Imports. The spirit is a blend of Irish and American whiskies with natural Irish apple flavors, blended in The Netherlands. The 70-proof Irish Apple is available for a suggested price of $24.99 for a 750-ml. bottle.
- Smarterita RTD
A new ready to drink Margarita brand is launching this winter under the name SmarteRita. SmarteRita is the brainchild of Kelly Shuman, an entrepreneur in Dallas, TX who recognized that there was an opportunity for a low-calorie, premixed Margarita. The 25 proof (12.5% ABV), 100 calorie SmarteRita is available in 750ml and 1.75ml bottles. It can be served as-is over ice.
- New Sutter Home Wines
Pink Pinot Grigio and Red Moscato are the new wines available from Sutter Home. The pinot grigio, similar to an off-dry rosÃ©, is made from grapes selected from a number of California vineyards. On the palate, strawberries and white peach balance with a crisp acidity, according to the company. The red moscato combines California moscato and merlot, and is rich with strawberry and cherry aromas, according to the company.
- ProWein Announces American Focus Areas
ProWein wants to let the US drinks trade in on a little secret. The fair has a series of exhibits, seminars and other special events planned that are designed to really deliver value specifically to American attendees.
- Newcastle Introduces No Bollocks
Newcastle Brown Ale is introducing the next wave of its ‘No Bollocks’ campaign. The candid and engaging ‘No Bollocks’ retail program is designed to drive adult consumers shopping for in-home consumption and entertaining to Newcastle. The program runs February through March, and provides retailers with the support they need to invite shoppers to enjoy Newcastle Brown Ale.
- MHUSA Renews Distribution Agreement with Grand Marnier
Moet Hennessy USA and Marnier-Lapostolle Inc. have announced that Moet Hennessy USA will continue to be the U.S. distributor for Marnier-Lapostolle Inc.’s Grand Marnier liqueur. This extends a long-standing agreement and reinforces the partnership between the two companies.
- NJ Retailer Launches Online Wine Seller
Owner of Bourbon Street Wine & Spirits, Michael Wade is taking advantage of the flash-sale wine market and creating WineFlash.com. Thanks to last year’s new law allowing New Jersey retailers to ship directly to consumers, Wade is able to expand his 9-store chain online.
- Tequila Avion and Nat Sherman Cigar Pairing
On January 23, Co-founder of Tequila Avion Jenna Fagan and Executive Director of retail and brand development at Nat Sherman Michael Herlots, offered a special pairing experience at the Nat Sherman Townhouse in New York City. The Tequila Avion Reposado was sampled neat with the Nat Sherman Metropolitan Union cigar, and the Anejo was sampled neat with the Timeless cigar.
Advertising Information | Editorial Information
The Beverage Information Group