Dogfish Head Brewery, recently merged with Boston Beer Co., has unveiled its beer release schedule for 2020.
This coming year, the pioneering craft brewery will release more than 160 unique products. These include the brewery’s lineup of regional and national beers and distilled spirits, plus the ever-expanding list of exclusive libations available only at its coastal Delaware properties.
“While our calendar of nationally-distributed brands is ready to roll, many of our regional and local releases remain in ideation,” says Sam Calagione, founder of Dogfish Head. “This allows our talented brewers and distillers, and me, the flexibility to quickly consider whims, hunches, artistic trends and the following of our collective muse to inform our creative journey.”
Locally, fans can expect a variety of limited-edition, 750-ml. bottles from the brewery’s R&DFH Series for purchase at its production facility in Milton, Delaware, as well as an abundance of draft-only beers for enjoyment at the brewery’s Milton Tasting Room & Kitchen and Rehoboth Beach Brewpub. Additionally, throughout the Mid-Atlantic, the brewery will distribute a selection of small-batch, 375ml bottles from its ‘Wooden … it be nice!’ wild beer program.
Beer-lovers from coast to coast will see the following products on both taps and shelves.
- Slightly Mighty (4.0% ABV) – a lo-cal IPA with all the flavor and tropical aromas of an IPA, but only 95 calories, 3.6g carbs, 1g protein and 0g fat per 12-oz. serving
- 60 Minute IPA (6.0% ABV) – a continually hopped, East Coast IPA brewed with a slew of Northwest hops
- SeaQuench Ale (4.9% ABV) – a session sour mashup of a Kolsch, Gose and Berlinerweiss brewed with lime peel, black limes and sea salt
- 90 Minute Imperial IPA (9.0% ABV) – an imperial IPA full of heavy aromas of pine resin and citrus, and flavors of brandied fruit cake, orange marmalade and toffee
- SuperEIGHT (5.3% ABV) – a sour brewed with prickly pear, mango, boysenberry, blackberry, raspberry, elderberry, kiwi, red quinoa and Hawaiian sea salt
- Liquid Truth Serum (7.0% ABV) – an unfiltered IPA brewed with whole leaf, liquefied, pelletized and powered hops for citrusy, tropical notes and a juicy, hoppy flavor
- Midas Touch (9.0% ABV) – a beer/wine/mead hybrid brewed with saffron for a sweet, yet dry, recreation of an ancient liquid found in King Midas’ tomb
- Palo Santo Marron (12.0% ABV) – an unfiltered, unfettered brown ale aged on Palo Santo wood
- American Beauty Hazy Ripple IPA (7.0%) ABV – a newly released collaboration with the Grateful Dead that is brewed with spelt, an ancient heirloom grain that contributes earthy notes and a natural haze, and dosed with a special yeast strain designed to liberate hop aromatics
The remaining beers in the 2019-2020 Off-Centered Art Series – The Perfect Disguise, Sun-Day-Feels and Punkin Ale – will drop throughout 2020:
- The Perfect Disguise (8.0% ABV) – an American, double dry-hopped IPA disguised as a Kolsch
- Sun-Day-Feels (6.5% ABV) – a new, brunch-inspired, beer-mosa sour brewed with pureed peaches, wine grapes and a medley of citrus fruit
- Punkin Ale (7.0% ABV) – a full-bodied brown ale brewed with real pumpkin, brown sugar, allspice, nutmeg and cinnamon
- Campfire Amplifier (7.5% ABV) – a new, s-mores-centric milk stout brewed with marshmallows, graham crackers, chocolate and a touch of smoked malt
Campfire Amplifier will be the first beer released from the brewery’s 2020-2021 Off-Centered Art Series next fall. Collaborating artist TBD.
Other occasional releases:
- Vibrant P’Ocean (4.7% ABV) – a new, blended sour brewed in collaboration with Rodenbach Brewery that boasts tart, dry flavors of jammy berries and floral lemon
- 120 Minute IPA (15-20% ABV) – an imperial IPA continually hopped throughout the boil, then intensely dry hopped with a blend of citrusy and piney Pacific Northwest hops
- Costumes & Karaoke (8.0% ABV) – a new oat cream ale brewed with turmeric, ginger, yellow cardamom, cinnamon and smoked star anise, and aged on Madagascar vanilla beans